We LOVE bubbles! Rachel of Creative Active Lives is a professional bubbleologist, and has performed all over the UK with her amazing giant bubble displays. Now you can learn one of her special giant bubble recipes, so you can make the biggest bubbles at home! Scroll down for a link to a printer friendly version.
Click on the YouTube video to watch us make the giant bubble liquid, and then show you how to make giant bubbles using just your hands!
First of all, thank you to the wonderful worldwide bubbling community who are so generous sharing tips, new ideas and bubble recipes. There is a brilliant resource that bubblers all over the world have contributed to called the Soap Bubble Wiki. Thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge.
Now here it is, the super fabulous Giant Bubble Liquid Recipe!
Makes 1 litre.
1/4 teaspoon of Guar Gum powder
1-2 tablespoons Vegetable Glycerin
1 litre of warm water
50ml washing up liquid (Fairy Green or Blue is the best for the biggest bubbles)
(Optional) You can add 1 tsp baking powder to balance the pH of the water, but this isn’t essential
How to Make The Giant Bubble Liquid
- Mix the Guar gum and the Glycerin together stirring well, until the mixture is free of lumps, and not too thick
- Add this to the warm water in a mixing bowl, at a slow trickle, stirring well and continue to stir.
- Measure out 50ml of Fairy Liquid, and slowly pour this into the mixture in the mixing bowl, gently stirring. Try not to make a lot of foam, as if it’s foamy, your won’t get lovely big bubbles.
- Gently stir to combine. If you have Baking Powder, you can add that – it fizzes as it comes into contact with the water! Stir well but gently.
- If you can bear to wait until the next day to use it, giant bubble liquid is better the next day. But don’t worry! You can use it now if you want to. (I can never wait!)
- Watch our Youtube video on how to make giant bubbles with your hands!