Creative Active Lives CIC is a non-profit organisation who invest profits into providing inclusive, accessible entertainment and educational activities to people of all ages and abilities who face barriers to accessing opportunities to improve physical and mental wellbeing.
We provide the highest quality entertainers, workshops, speakers and play opportunities to enhance and elevate your events.
*** Book us for festivals, dementia and disability friendly events, weddings, conferences, parties, queue entertainment, shopping centre entertainments and for promotional activities ***
Our activities are innovative and wide ranging, and we count international performers and artists amongst our entertainers and instructors.
*Motivational Speakers * Speakers on ADHD, Disability and Diversity * Workplace Training *
* Circus skills * Pottery * Jewellery making * Juggling * Hula hooping * Various dance styles * Art * Seasonal crafts * Music production * Beatboxing * Rap/Spoken word *Boxercise * Fitness* Photography * Forest School * Poetry * Parkour/free running *Loop pedal layering *Specialist workshops for children and adults with physical and learning disabilities * Balloon modelling *
* Costumed stilt walkers * Circus performers * Contact Juggling * Cello performance * Vintage singers * Face painting * Glitter bars * Story tellers * Elvis impersonators * Poetry * Cariacaturists * Vintage music time machine * Roaming characters * Magic * Balloon modelling *
If you have a venue, a theme, and an audience, we can arrange your entertainment and/or activities so you have one less thing to worry about.
We have been solving problems since 2016.
Creative Active Lives CIC is a not for profit enterprise based in the West Midlands. Our inclusive workshops centre around:
- developing life skills
- motor skills
- promoting relaxation and wellbeing
- personal development
- encouraging social interaction, physical activity, and mental stimulation
- improving physical wellbeing and mental health
The Director of Creative Active Lives, Rachel Conlisk is dedicated to making physical and creative activity inclusive, accessible, creative and fun. She is on the Birmingham Disability Sport Forum and on the Board of Active Black Country. Her company Spinsonic Circus has delivered hula hooping and circus workshops for Sandwell Adult Social Care, Birmingham Disability Sport, Birmingham MIND, MENCAP, the Alzheimer’s Society, Ageing Better in Birmingham, Beacon Centre for the Blind and run hundreds of private workshops with ages ranging from 4 to 84!
She partnered with team of expert delivery partners as the business grew. The additional skills offered by the team, who are qualified in seated aerobics, BSL, massage, yoga – including seated yoga for older adults, yoga for children, dance therapy, exercise for older adults, T’ai Chi,and art and design mean that we were able to offer a package of exciting, engaging activities tailored to our priority groups: older adults, disadvantaged young people and care leavers. people with physical or learning disabilities, people with memory, hearing, or visual impairments, and new arrivals to the country.
Through our work with care homes providing care home activities, the Alzheimer’s Society, Local Authorities, and Disability Activity Groups, we saw a need for affordable, accessible activities that would improve quality of life, social interaction and physical and mental stimulation in care home settings, activity groups and areas where older adults faced isolation and loneliness.
We created Creative Active Lives CIC. Our network of dedicated instructors have a wealth of talents and skills that we were able to bring together to offer a package of interactive, engaging, and most of all fun activities that work for seated and mobile people of all ages and mixed abilities including people with dementia and Parkinson’s.
We provide activity sessions for corporate clients, schools enrichment activities, care homes and established dementia and disability activity groups, and run our own SEND activity sessions and Dementia Friendly sessions across the UK, in partnership with local authorities, the Black Country Living Museum, the National Lottery Community Fund, Unltd, Heart of England Community Fund, and more.
Our instructors are trained in safeguarding, emergency first aid and dementia friend training, physical activity for SEND where applicable, and hold an Enhanced DBS.
- Inclusive, age appropriate activities
- Person centred programmes
- Going above and beyond to exceed client expectations
- Innovation and creation to ensure the best experiences for our clients
- Accessible, affordable activity for all
- Reducing social isolation
- Positivity and self-belief
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for older adults, disadvantaged young persons, people with additional needs and people who are new to the country. We use physical and creative activities to reduce social isolation, encourage self expression and creativity, share new experiences, remove barriers to accessing to physical activity, and provide mental stimulation. We continually innovate and create new ways to engage groups and provide rewarding, beneficial experiences.